Summer enrichment program
The 2019 SEP is scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 25 to August 15, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) is an eight-week, pre-college program for incoming WSU students who will be participating in the CBS Scholars Learning Community. CLLAS created SEP in 2004 to facilitate a successful transition from high school to college. SEP focuses on preparation in English, math and Latino/a cultural studies and leads to higher levels of retention and academic success.
Participants take advantage of the following compenents at no cost to them:
- English and math mini courses
- COM 1010 Oral Communication: Basic Speech (3-credit WSU general education requirement)
- Social and cultural activities
- Connect with peer mentors, faculty and staff
- Scholarship (applied fall semester)
Applications for the 2020 CBS Scholars Learning Community and SEP will open in fall 2019.