Summer Enrichment Program
The Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) is an eight-week pre-college program for incoming WSU students who will be participating in the LAS Learning Community. CLLAS created SEP in 2004 to facilitate a successful transition from high school to college and help students sharpen their academic skills. SEP focuses on preparation in English, math, communications, and Latino/a cultural studies and leads to higher levels of retention and academic success. This summer we are collaborating with the Summer of Success program to offer a series of workshops tailored to incoming first-year students.
The 2023 SEP is scheduled for Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from June 27 to August 15. Course days are Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Workshop days are Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. Attendance to all course and workshop days are mandatory.
Participants take advantage of the following components at no cost to them:
- English 1010 Basic Writing (3-credit WSU course)
- COM 1010 Oral Communication: Basic Speech (3-credit WSU general education requirement)
- Math workshop with Aleks program and math instructor
- Workshop series with Summer of Success
- What can I do with a major in?
- Engagement, Belonging, and Well-being
- Making the grade
- Effective Writing
- LAS Cultural workshop - Two-part series
- Social and cultural activities
- Connect with peer mentors, faculty and staff
- Scholarship (applied fall and winter semester)
Applications for the 2024 LAS Learning Community and SEP will open in fall 2023.